Project Management

Project Administration

A classic approach built on the triple constraints of project management – cost, duration, and outcome


Project Management: Traditional Approach based of Three Constraints - Outcome, TIme, Budget


 50 Rules of Project Management

  • No project has ever finished on time, within budget, to requirement – yours won’t be the first to.

  • Fast – cheap – good – you can have any two.


  • Goals. What are the goals of the project? What is the goal of each individual activity? Why are we doing this?

Setting Up a Responsibility Matrix: 4 Steps

Project Leader Skills

Project Leadership Self-Assessment

Four Project Management Stages & their Outputs




  • Scope Statement

  • Customer Acceptance Criteria

  • Stakeholder Form

  • Sub-project Tree

  • Responsibility Chart

  • Risk Assessment

  • Resources

  • Project Plan Document

  • Lessons-Learned List


  • Assigning Tasks

  • Tracking Progress

  • Monitoring the Environment

  • Formal Change Management

  • Risk Management

  • Communicating Progress

  • Evaluating Performance

  • Reviewing Issues List

  • Preparing Status Report

Closing out

  • Final Evaluation

  • Customer Interview

  • Final Status Report

  • Lessons Learned

  • Recommendations

  • Close Out Report

Murphy's Law in Project Management

The first 90% of the project takes 10%t of the time, and the last 10% takes the other 90%.





How to plan and manage
radical change / innovation project

How to plan and manage
Information Technology (IT) project

Radical projects
require specific approaches.

70% of radical projects fail because
project managers lack relevant skills.

Yet, you can not just succeed, but
achieve far beyond aspirations
if you use these master keys:



 The Fast Forward MBA in PM    Project Manager's MBA    Information Technology (IT) PM