Vadim Kotelnikov    

3 Types of Customer Needs

Conscious  ●  Unconscious  ●  Unseeded


Business e-Coach     


3 Types of Customer Needs Bill Gates Quotes What Makes People Buy Subconscious vs. Conscious Needs Henry Ford Quotes 3 Types of Customer Needs: Conscious, Unconscious, Unseeded




Vadim Kotelnikov advice quotes

To truly understand someone, you must become the person you want to understand.

Vadim Kotelnikov



  Empathize with Your Customers, Know Customers Needs, Vadim Kotelnikov

The Power of Unconscious

The unconscious part of our mind drives behavior and initiates the change that marketers seek. Researchers say that over 90% of all consumer behavior is driven by their unconscious minds. Neuro-imaging research technologies have also shown that the unconscious mind of the consumer is the driving force in how and why consumers buy.

Subconscious vs. Conscious

If over 90% of the decisions of your prospects are driven by their unconscious mind, would you, as a marketer, focus your efforts on the subconscious or the other 10%? 

Leading companies realize this and target the subconscious mind in their marketing campaigns. Nike’s slogan “Just Do It.” is a good example. It’s catchy and triggers a bunch of positive associations such as achievement, power, optimism, and joy.

Even if you sell mundane products such as toilet paper or accounting software you can still make them exciting.

Virtuoso Marketing

For instance, Andrex Toilet Tissue used the image of a Golden Labrador puppy in its advertising campaign and achieved remarkable success because people appreciate a Labrador unconsciously as a great family member with exceptionally soft fur.

Sell Benefits

You can also learn from the software company Wave Accounting that turned its accounting software into a luscious customer experience through its focus on beauty and design.

Repetitions and ‘test drives’ are very important as they register best on the subconscious mind: Price is also a powerful trigger for the subconscious.

Empathetic Marketing

A higher price conveys a premium product experience, causing a powerful subconscious emotional mix of self-esteem, recognition and joy in consumers.



Appeal To Subconscious Values and Motivators

Unconscious core values operate automatically largely out of our awareness. They are not specific to any particular situation. Being at the root of our perceptions, they color what we think or do in every situation. For most people, top subconscious values are self realization, security, sexual harmony, and adherence to tradition... More






Knowing Customers

Empathize with Your Customers    Customer Insight    Deep Customer Focus

Listening To Customers >> Tips   Listening to Emotions

What Makes People Buy   Deep Motivators of Consumers

Understanding Risks Perceived by Customers >>  Cultural Differences

Market Learning    Hierarchy of Personal Needs

Understand and Fulfill Psychological Needs of Others

Customer-focused Culture   Competitor and Market Intelligence

Build Loving Relationships with Customers  >>  Love Your Customer

Creative Marketing

Emotional Marketing  >>  Success Stories   Credibility Marketing

Engage Customers  >>  Kore 10 Tips

Differentiating With Different Types of People

Buzz Marketing  >> Success Stories

Successful Salesperson

Sell Twin Benefits: General and Specific   Natural Selling

Selling with NLP: 8 Steps of Active Listening   Question-based Selling

IDEO Tom Kelley creativity innovation quotes

Empathy means setting aside your opinion in order to learn what actually is true that people aren’t conscious of.  >>>

Tom Kelley


Henry Ford advice

If I had asked the public

what they wanted,
they would have said a faster horse.   >>>

Henry Ford

Ford Moror

Peter Drucker advice

The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.

Peter Drucker

Thought Leader

Akio Morita advice quotes Sony

Carefully watch how people live, get an intuitive sense as to what they might want and then go with it.  >>>

Akio Morita


Michael Dell advice

If we're smart enough and quick enough to listen to customer needs, we'll succeed.

Michael Dell

Dell Inc.